Thursday, January 26, 2012

My "New Year" thoughts...

I am not, nor have I ever been, prone to making New Years resolutions.  I did it twice and ended up feeling like a failure for not accomplishing them.  I should probably add that one resolution had something to do with losing baby weight and my son was 18 DAYS old at the time.  The other had something to do with my grades in college the semester that I joined my sorority.  You get the idea!

I do, however, very much like to set goals for myself when I have a birthday.  Technically, that is my "new year", right?  Lucky me - I had one just yesterday and I spent a lot of the day thinking about the next year and what I wanted the year to be like.  

Since most people who read this have kids of their own, they will understand that it is also important to be realistic in your expectations.  It's not that you can't accomplish your goals.  It's just that you have to do it with tiny humans hanging off of you OR while they are sleeping.  When I started to think about all the goals I would set for myself, I found myself saying that I couldn't do "such-and-such" with my schedule, 3 kids, my husbands totally wonky schedule.... basically excuses.

WELL - I am bucking that trend and refusing to limit myself out of fear that I will fail.  I really don't like to be wrong and I have a stubborn streak a mile wide(just ask my close friends).  I also really hate to fail at anything and I really don't want others to know about my failures when they happen.  So what better way to push myself than to put my goals out there for everyone to see and judge.  

Goal #1 - to blog between 3 and 5 times a week.  I really love the blog world and I as I said about a year ago(HAHAHA), I really do have some fun things to share.  At least I think so.  I have some blog-tastic friends and I am sure to refer to them often.  With places like FB, Pinterest and Etsy - the cool finds and ideas are endless.  Let's see how I do?!?!  I had to stop 2/3 of the way thru this one to get my little one out of her room since she refused to nap today.  There is at least some irony in that, but alas, this blog post is done!

How about you.... what are your goals?  Even small ones count!

2 comments: