Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Countdown to sunshine and warm weather!

A friend of mine has a great blog, SewSassySweetpeas, and she had a great idea last week for a vacation chain.  What better way to count down the days until vacation that with a fun, brightly colored paper chain.  Being stuck in the frozen tundra, as I like to call it, has been rough this year.  The cold and snow have been plenty and the sun scarce.

I checked my crafty stash for the brightest colored construction paper and went to work with the little people.  It didn't dawn on me how close vacation was until we started putting the paper chain together.  I have to admit that I am 50% SUPER excited and 50% overwhelmed.  I had no idea how little time I had to get ready.  I am a planner when it comes to taking trips and I like to have lists and lists for those lists.  So, besides the fact that the paper chain was a reminder to get my "planning butt" in gear, it was a lot of fun to see how excited the kids were.  We are all ready for the beach, Disney World, the sun and warm weather and especially seeing family.

The kids loved pulling off the first ring and tossing it in the garbage and then counting them again.  I even numbered ours so that the next ring tells us exactly how many days we have left!  The kids requested that we hang the chain up in the kitchen so that we can look at it 100 times a day.  If you don't have a vacation planned, well I wish you did!  If you DO - then make a paper chain and do the countdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment